Logo

Minn Kota Ulterra

kycatfish

Can link be added to an existing Ulterra I-pilot trolling motor? When we purchased the trolling motor this spring, we were told that it could be added, but I am not finding the link system for the Ulterra.

Check with Minn-Kota but I'm sure it can be added. Would require a new PC board for the motor head. I have the Ulterra with ink from the factory ad it's awesome

I'm interested in the Rip Tide version. Have you been satisfied with your Ulterra? Any issues?
Thanks,
Rangerman69

I'm very happy. Lots to learn about it as it does so much and will take practice to be able to use all of the functionality as quickly as I'd like. Also, I'm in Canada and the contour charts do not exist for Canadian lakes...this is a bummer. Finally, I'd say that the Ulterra is not "Industrial". The Terrova could probably take more hard knocks. Kind of like comparing a 4x4 pick up truck to a Cadillac. The Terrova being the truck and the Ulterra being the Cadillac. I'm very happy with the Ulterra but if I was a serious tournament fisherman putting really heavy use/abuse on my motor, I'd probably get the Terrova.

I'm very happy. Lots to learn about it as it does so much and will take practice to be able to use all of the functionality as quickly as I'd like. Also, I'm in Canada and the contour charts do not exist for Canadian lakes...this is a bummer. Finally, I'd say that the Ulterra is not "Industrial". The Terrova could probably take more hard knocks. Kind of like comparing a 4x4 pick up truck to a Cadillac. The Terrova being the truck and the Ulterra being the Cadillac. I'm very happy with the Ulterra but if I was a serious tournament fisherman putting really heavy use/abuse on my motor, I'd probably get the Terrova.

Thanks for the feedback.

Back