Logo

ETEC 90hp 2006 - stopped while running and doesn't start anymore

mare_winmx

Hi guys,
i have a strange problem with my 2006 Evinrude Etec 90 hp.
I normally started it before going out for fishing and while it was idle the engine stopped like if it was out of fuel.
The engine filter was empty.
The EMM reports no alerts or errors, pump/vapor separator set is working and, to be sure, has been changed.
Sparks have been changed and tested.
Fule pipe and hand pump have been changed and the engine has been tested with both permanent and portable tanks.
It won't start!
What could cause this behavior?
Any help is apreciated...
Cheers
Claudio

You mention the pump/VST. What about the lift pump? Do you have the manual? It lists a series of troubleshooting tests. Resistance and fuel pressure checks.

Yes, sparks works fine. I tested all 3 sparks separately.
Fuel pressure has not been tested wth any instrument, but I tried a brand new electric pump and the fuel was @ high pressure, I jus tested the pump with a disconnected pipe and there was an high pressure flow.

You mention the pump/VST. What about the lift pump? Do you have the manual? It lists a series of troubleshooting tests. Resistance and fuel pressure checks.

The fuel circuit seems to be in high pressure when i try to run the engine. disconnecting tubes results in fuel flowing out at high pressure.
Now the engine fiter is full of fuel and all tubesbrin fuel to the inectors.
Injectors and sparks are working fine..
I'll take a look at the manual check list, maybe there is some usefull suggestion.
cheers

Takes some premix fuel and squirt into the throttle bodies and see if it will hit. If it does your not getting fuel from injectors which is either a pressure problem or EMM problem. If it doesn't hit take your software and see if CPS is syncing up with flywheel.

Does pumping the fuel bulb cause the engine to run properly?????
I have this issue with my etec where it ran after pumping fuel bulb. Been taking it to a mechanic bit after 5 trips to the shop it still has the same problem. Can you help me with this issue?

Back