Logo

Trouble Starting- Mercruiser 5.7

DWard0618

Hi All,

I have been having issues getting my 2001 Bayliner 2455 Ciera started. She has a Mercruiser 5.7L with Bravo III. This is very recent and I have never had issues starting her, before. When I go to start, it turns and turns and turns, will start for less than 1 second, and shut off. Sometimes, it just turns and turns and turns and doesn't start.

The boat had sat for about two weeks, in the slip, and we had a bunch of rain. My first thought was maybe the kill switch had gone bad. Pulled the old kill switch and connected the wires, same thing. I have almost 3/4 of a tank of fuel, that is less than a month old. I replaced my fuel filter this spring. I didn't pull the carburetor out, but it appears clean and not gunked up.

I have been able to, a couple times since this happened, get her to start (randomly). Once she is running, there are no issues at all. Took her out for about an hour and a half and ran her at idle for a little while and at cruising speed.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This one has me a little stumped.

Thanks,

Dave

Back