Logo

mercury 115 optimax dfi water in oil system

kpdaf95

how are we .

my mercury 115 optimax dfi , the oil is turning milky in my oil system and tank .
last time it was out it lost all power and stalled . started up again and would go about quater throttle and stay going
but any more and it would stall . i am in the middle off going changing filters just must get new ones but is it only the inline filter
for the oil or is there a element some where else on the motor ?
when we got back and took the boat out of the water and brought it back to the yard . when we went to flush the saltwater out
(i use a barrel full of water ) it wouldnt circulate water by the looks of it as i was getting no water from tell tale .

is there any seals or gaskets that could go that could be causing my oil to go milky?

am i having a couple of different issues or is there anything relating them all ?

if someone could help it would be much appriciated

thanks

The only way water can enter oil system is if : 1) plug left in boat and oil tank submerged with loose cap. 2)water entering crankcase and traveling thru the pressurization hose. Check compression as may have a blown head gasket or worse a eroded water passage in block...

couldnt see a drain plug to be honest . ya i am suspection the cap as been faulty as its slipping the thread so water could be getting in there .
going to do a compression test thisevening and see what it saying . what would the best way to flush the engine and oil lines . blow the hose out with air ?
does that engine hold any oil at all in the block ? i am a diesel mechanic by the way just wouldnt be up to date with petrol marine engines at all really ha .

did a compression test over 100psi on each cylinder . also drained the fuel from the pump and was no dirt / build up in it . i am definatly thinking
my oil tank cap is mostlikey the cause of the milky oil but my water circulation problem i know it could be the impeller but its intermittent . one minute it is pumpoing and good flow from tell tale but next minute nothing from tell tale and leave it for 3-4 minutes and the overheat warning alarm goes off . can the impellers be like that ?

Back