Logo

Brand Newby question

CoreyD

I have a Merc 1996 75/90 hp 2-stroke ELPTO and am inexperienced working on motors. Recently I found my motor tilted all the way up (not where I usually leave it) and the battery dead. I hooked up my spare battery and went fishing. All was well until I found the same condition the next day. I removed the trim switch on the cowling, plugged the green and blue wires together, and my auto-tilt problem went away. I used the throttle tilt for a long weekend of fishing until my new switch arrived in the mail it no problems so I'm pretty sure the old switch was my problem. I removed the cowling, installed the switch, but got distracted before I plugged in the wires and left my cowling off overnight. I put the cowling back on when I went to work this morning. This evening I plugged in the new switch and now have no tilt either on the switch or on the throttle. I also can not crank the motor so it appears I have absolutely no power to the motor. Tested the battery and connections, even plugged in my spare to no avail. I undid my switch installation and still have no power to the motor. Anybody have any suggestions? Could I have tripped a breaker on the motor?

Last edited:
Volvo Penta Bearing 11013

I have a 1994 Volvo Penta I/O the bearing i need is 11013 but i would like a sealed
bearing for this. does anyone know the part number for this and where i can get it.
i have not taken it out yet so i do not have any measurements. maybe someone has the measurement
of the 11013?

Back