Logo

1955 25 hp rde 17 c

????---------What sort of generator do you have in mind?-------What equipment do you have in your workshop?---What is your budget?--------There was no factory kit available in 1955.

thank you did not know that it didn't charge the battery I thought that the mag would charge the battery. years ago I had a motorcycle that had a mag and it would charge the battery

I have a 1955 Johnson 25 hp motor rde 17 c there is a gray wire coming from the throttle linkage the wire looks like it should be connected to a little unit on the linkage also what should that wire be connected to at the other end of the cable coming out of the wireing harness

thank you for the info
but i do have a problem after parking after running some oil mixed with gas i found on the floor after turning the motor a lot more came out it seems to be coming out of the water pickup i see a oil retainer 302545 and a bushing 304081 in the parts catalog could this be the problem

it has a gas smell but it has oil in it i had been running it and then ran it with water when i got home the oil is coming out the lower outlet in back of the prop the water and exhaust comes out much higher am running 24:1

the oil that came out of the lower exhaust was when it was parked after flushing engine i did change the water pump impeller and plate could the problem be the o ring on the drive shaft as i did not replace it does this seal the drive shaft from allowing oil and gas from going down the shaft

Oil dripping out the lower exhaust is normal for these motors you really need to read the posts. Can you hold your hand on the head after about five minutes of running? It should get hot enough you want to pull your hand away but dont have to for a slow count of six. If the head stays cool you need a new thermostat as it is stuck open.

ok tne next time i run it on the water i will do that as my son left i don't have a trailer hitch but i ordered one i should get i and the module should be complete this weekend

i think i am getting the hang of this forum i hope tou get my response
i thank you for the information
walt

Back