Logo

Clinton 7hp

smallfarm

I have been given a Clinton 7hp (K700 5000D) . It came without a top cover or gas tank. I don't Know if it is a Sears or Wards or even if it runs. Any info. on it would be helpful. DAVE

I have been given a Clinton 7hp (K700 5000D) . It came without a top cover or gas tank. I don't Know if it is a Sears or Wards or even if it runs. Any info. on it would be helpful. DAVE

OK question #1 sense it came without a gas tank should there be a female connector on the line to the tank? Will a hose clamped on the male connection on the motor work? DAVE

I'll work on that this weekend. Last weekend I finally got time to look it over better. It is missing the choke adjusting setup. There is a linkage coming from the trans. shifter going towards the carb but connects to nothing. When I pull the starter rope with the trans in forward the prop turns but when it's in rev. it doesn't turn at all. I also get no spark when turning the motor over.

I've done some more checking. Someone put some die-electric compound in the coil where the spark plug wire goes in. There was enough there to keep the wire from making contact. I should get spark when I get it back together. Now I need to find someone I know with a gas tank to see if it will run.

I finally borrowed a gas tank from a friend and tried get it started. The recoil broke. The inner tab holding the spring broke off. What a bummer!

Back