Logo

Fuel line

kevin_z

Regular Contributor
1995 Crusader 454xls. the fuel line from the fuel/water separator to the fuel pump was rusted and looked like it was ready to fail. I ordered a new one and when it arrived, wrong one. I googled CRU 98114 and it is now discontinued. Any ideas?

Personally ...I would take the old one off, purchase the right length of metal fuel line and go to a "Hydraulic Hose Doctor " shop (that's what we call them up here), and ask them if they can duplicate the old line.

I find the hydraulic shops have just about every brass connector one has in their boat. Probably be able to use your old connectors if they are serviceable.

Had the EXACT same problem last year. The solution was to replace the steel tube with flexible marine grade hose and two 5/8 x 3/8 inverted flare (IF) fittings from Carquest. Since the hose is under suction rather than pressure, I felt comfortable with the arrangement. Getting steel lines made is probably the school solution but they need to be perfect or will not fit right.

Niceville FL

I'll second Don's suggestion about visiting a hydraulic shop.....There's nothing magic about the lines....most all of them use inverted flare terminations....if push comes to shove, you can always use hose barb adapters and some A1 hose....

My Trojan came with Aeroquip hose and fittings which I see on a bunch of other boats. With the mandrel tool, you can make up factory looking hoses of any length and no hose clamps. And, the fittings are re-usable.

Bob

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    16.9 KB · Views: 119
Ayuh,.... I make my own with 3/8" steel brake line, a tubin' bender, 'n a flarin' tool,....

If you buy fully annealed stainless steel tubing, you can safely (and easily) bend it with your bare hands. Nice stuff to work with. Got mine from McMaster-Carr (on-line).

Jeff

O.K. So I went to the local hydraulic hose place and they made me a blue hose with fittings that were 90's. I installed it and it worked, but looked like crap because the hose had to be long enough to make the bend. A long blue hose hanging in the bilge is not me. Today I went to 8 hydraulic shops. No one could do it, but I kept asking who might be able to. I finally ended up in Magolia Springs, AL. Hance Auto Parts (Jack) not only said he could, but he actually did it. Stainless tube with the exact bends. $30 out the door. It fits and looks like original. FIXED. Never take no for a answer and never give up!!

Back