Logo

a sluggish 90

Just put a bigger coat on! LOL

Hopefully, you were using some sort of fuel treatment, like Stabil Marine in your fuel. Be sure to drain your vapor separator as described in the storage section of your owner's manual.

If you are not sure hope to do it, let us know.

Mike

Well...nobody can blame you for wanting to stay ahead of OLD MAN WINTER. Thanks for updating us and NOT leaving us hanging....wondering.

See you back in the spring. In the meantime....stay WARM.

jimmyd

#9 is the low pressure filter. http://www.boats.net/parts/search/H...Later/BF90DK0 LRTA/WATER SEPARATOR/parts.html
It is located at the top port side of the motor.

Remove the fuel lines from the filter and join them together with a 5/16" to 5/16" barb fittlng like this one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Free-Shippi...e-Barb-Splicer-Mender-Connector-/221863864449

Just do this just long enough to test. If you do not have an external water separating fuel filter, the only thing doing any filtering is the high pressure filter.

Mike

Resurrecting this thread as old man winter has departed.

Hondadude, attached is a picture, could you confirm this is the proper place to bypass for the test you suggest?

20160430_141657.jpg

You are in the right area. Note the white fuel filter to the left of the pump. You take the hoses off of the filter and connect the
two hoses together with a double male nipple. Thus, you are taking the filter out of the fuel circuit. That will eliminate some of the restriction in the fuel system.

By the way, that fuel pump is the one that has the issue at high speeds that I was referring to. I can tell by how the hoses are connected. It has been updated to eliminate the high speed loss of power problem.

The fuel pump may or may not be your problem. If the problem goes away when you bypass the filter, then the answer to, at least, part of the problem is to install the updated fuel pump.

You still may need to change the prop to get the boat up to the proper rpms.

Mike

May 29th Memorial day weekend, boat launched and took her out for a spin. I did not modify the fuel lines as you suggested as further back in the thread we discussed changing the prop. wanted to make 1 change at a time in order to keep things straight as to what worked and what didn't.

I am please to report my problem is solved. She is running as I would expect now, comes right out of a hole shot up on plane ant takes right off, no more stopping at 3200 rpms. Max RPMs with this prop and setup was 5500 far faster than I would like, but good to know there is more there if I require it. I found about 4k to be the sweet spot for my comfort level.

I can't thank you guys enough for coaching me through this!

Respectfully - Ken

Back