Logo

same motor,another problem

rcb13

Motor is a 1995 Force 90 Hp. Serial OE104323.
Problem: motor runs for 15-20 seconds and dies as though something was jammed into it. When it dies it sneezes and it appears to blow white smoke from below the flywheel.
there is a lot of oil film on the underside of flywheel and down the side of the block on the electrical side. I am suspecting the top crank seal is bad. Any thoughts?
Also the water pump was just rebuilt completely and the water stream is a little more than a dribble. When I removed the old pump parts I found the sleeve inside the coupler with the water tube to be missing nearly half of the sleeve. I am thinking it is inside the block somewhere. Any thoughts on this?
Thanks again in advance for any and all help.
rcb13

Pics of the missing will help?
Would be hard for the parts to get into the head?
The whizzer tube, try back flushing or a piece of weed eater string in the hole.

The dying and sneeze could be the air/fuel mix screws need adjusting.
The back fire white smoke could be a bad seal.
Start at 1 and 1/2 out from lightly seated.
Compression test?

To see if the seal is affected? Try running it and shoot some starting fluid around the flywheel and see if it makes it run different.

The seals not that hard to change.

IF????? you attempt to change it, take lots of pics so you can put it back together right.

the missing part is half of the rubber grommet that connects the pump to the water tube.
compression is #1-135, #2-130, #3-130. numbers two and three have been steam cleaned. Pulled head and gasket is rusted. will replace.
Could missing parts/junk be in exhaust housing plate? Does this motor need to wait on thermostat to open to pee?
I notice the stator has been replaced with a cdi unit. rectifier is bad, will replace.
Any thoughts on the above?
Thanks

thermo2.jpgthermo.jpg

It doesn't need to wait. But it should take a few seconds to pee.
The exhaust should come out of the prop.
Pull the thermostat and see if it's there? Or clogged?

Is the gasket bad?
Or just rusted?

2 cyl. with water might be a head gasket?

2 lower cyl. could be the exhaust chest gaskets are bad.

A piece of weed eater string in the whizzer and try unblocking???

If the grommet is missing it probably isn't sealing???
A piece of rubber hose or get a new one??

rust has bubbled the metal ring. Have exhaust chest gaskets on order. Any way to check them?
Whizzer is clear. Pulled cylinder head and head is warped. Will have to machine it flat.
Only a piece of the grommet is missing. I was running on muffs with a lousy pee stream, maybe it needs to be in a tub.
Where is a better place to buy parts?
Thanks

They sell some parts on here.
I know I say boats dot net is horrible but they have finally got it together.
Cheaper than most.

No way to check.
How warped is the head?
Check the block if the head is warped.

Minor warping? it can be used.

Back