Logo

SeaRay 19 Seville with OMC 4.3 No current into dashboard or ignition.

SLHJGB

Hello fellas, well I have never own a boat and for a first, I got my hand on a SeaRay 19 Seville 1987 with OMC 4.3 for a pretty good price and thought I'd start this project. Here is my issue, the engine cranks and start without any problem when starter jumped directly to the battery, because the seller did start the engine to prove me that it does run, however, the problem is there is no current, voltage, power or whatsoever in the ignition switch. Turn the key, nothing happens, no lights, no horn, well, nothing. Took the console down, tested the voltage coming to the ignition wires, no voltage, followed until the next plug, no voltage either. Basically I have no power coming to the front at all. Any idea? I have been working all day on it today trying to figure it out and using many posts from this forum and could not figure it out. I really do want to get into boating and instead of buying something ready to go, I would rather revive that baby and get to know more about boat mechanic. Please guys!!

​Thank you.

Back