Logo

mercury 500 50hp jet! INTAKE GRILL??

I have a quick question I had a run in with some rocks today on the rivrr big bolder more like but it only knocked off the outside corner closest to boat it runs fine and didn't break enough to damge empeller.if this happens again fr the worst how much is it gunna run me and will I even b able to find a replacement for it thanks in advaance

Nobody knows how I can get a new one or where to go about looking to see if I can even find one I run my serial numbers in they don't match anything I'm lost lolthe motor is a blue band maybe 73 I was told any help would b nice

Merc blue bands were 1974 through 1977 models.

I have looked through the parts lists I have access to and don't see any listing for a jet unit in those model years.

So have a couple of questions -

Have you always owned this motor since new?

Do you know for a fact that it has a "factory" (OEM) jet unit on it that was not retrofit at some later point in the motors life?

What is the serial number that you do have?

I have not owned it for long I just got it! So I do nt knw the history but if that is a possibility is that gunna b a big issue I can get the sn# in the morning I appreciate the help thanks you for your time

I believe that they stopped making jet lower units for those years in 97' (I have one and am looking for a motor to match it!)
outboardjets.com has parts, though, and likely has what you need....I may be wrong but I believe the intake costs a couple hundred (between $150 and 300 I think)
Just call outboardjets.com and see if they have the part.

I believe that they stopped making jet lower units for those years in 97' (I have one and am looking for a motor to match it!)
outboardjets.com has parts, though, and likely has what you need....I may be wrong but I believe the intake costs a couple hundred (between $150 and 300 I think)
Just call outboardjets.com and see if they have the part. Natural Gas Grill

Looks like you are still finding out? Are you?

hi iam new member in this forum i want to ask that my boat engine are not working properly after two minute of startings its stop running so what should i do
if you are looking a gas grill for going to visit or kitchen then click this link

Back