Logo

Installing a new impeller. Is there anything else I sholud do when I do the impeller?

rjake4618

I have a 60 HP Mercury ELPTO Model 1060412AD Serial Number 0T694085. I'm going to install a new impeller. I was wondering if there was anything else I should do when I replace it? Any thing else that should be replaced that would be easy to do when I do the impeller. While I'm there I want to do everything I can do.
Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the battery suggestions in an earlier post.

Any suggestions on the manual I should buy that you have found to be useful? It is difficult to figure the year of the motor. The boat is 2003. I have a 60 HP Mercury ELPTO Model 1060412AD Serial Number 0T694085. Any guesses on the motor year.

Hate to say it, but an easily obtained Seloc manual for Mercs of that era will do the job. Any good marine store has them in a rack.

Jeff

I have everything I need to replace the impeller except one item. Loctite 405 does not appear to be available. It must have been discontinued. Can someone give me a substitute for Loctite 405? I think it is a thread locked but it could be a sealant? I was able to find Loctite 271 at Lowes. Which is a thread locker. I have a 60 HP Mercury ELPTO Model 1060412AD Serial Number 0T694085. Thanks.

Back