Logo

50 HP BReak in after rebuild

Progator135

Regular Contributor
I know this has been beat to death but I just want to get an opinion or 12 considering my style of usage. Rebuild in progress 1985 E50BELCO- going very well. New Pistons, rings, honed etc.. Given the fact I rarely stay at WOT over 5 minutes and usually my whole journey between fishing spots is less that 10 minutes. should I just give it 15-20 minutes in the barrel at first fire-up and go on as I have been - kind of sounds like my usual running style woudl serve as a suitable break in process anyway.

WSM Standard bore... Full kit with pistons and all the gaskets was $385.
And an update to the "is it boreable" post from a while back...Had to get a new (used) block. On the old one you can see where the snap ring that holds the wrist pin in came out and tore everything up. It was already bored to .030 over. So didnt have enough meat to bore it out. And found the crankshaft throw and rod on the same piston to be bad also. Apparently cylinders with no compression dont like to pull oil in there to lubricate. Found a 1984 50hp block. Never been bored. Both cylinders measure out at 3.189 after honing. Really good shape. Pulled the water jacket cover off and it barely had a brown film on the inside. no corrosion at all. This motor was barely run at all. Almost no wear on any of it. So just looking for a good deal on a crankshaft and rod and Ill be back in business...

Back