Logo

Oil injection alarm issue

Sandman26

Contributing Member
Installed the new stator, engine ran great on performance test run at WOT. However as I slowed down I began to hear a very low beep...beep...beep......beep..! Checked oil reservoir, 3/4 full. Upon reading manuals and this forum I figured it the problem to be not overheat alarm but low oil. I disconnected the sensor (2 blue wires) and the alarm went silent. Then I did a resistance check on the low oil sensor and it looks to be good with a resistance value of 0.2 ohms. if I did not Lync & Sync after reinstalled stator could that cause the alarm to sound ? Also, I believe the oil is going thru the system as I've ran the engine at home and I am getting smoke as it starts and occasionally as it's running.Please help me only a 1 week left of vaca and then it's back to work and kid back to school and there's much less fish in' time. This engine is a 1994 100 h.p. 4 cyl. 2 stroke, ser.# 0G014413. I don't wanna dismiss this alarm as a magnet that broke off the float as I've read in previous threads.

Last edited:
Never mind, I figured it out myself. The magnet became detached from the bottom float. I created a tool to get it out and reattach, i don't know how long it will last, but I also had to run a premix and burp out or bleed out the air from the oil injection system. Engine is running great now. TG, my fingers are crossed.

Last edited:
Back