Logo

honda bf200, oil drain screw seized and rounded

islandboy123

Contributing Member
hi guys , wanted to change my oil for my engine and the drain bolt is completely seized .i tried everything before with my socket wrench and would not move at all but did strip 2 corners on th bolte end.so after trying all of that i ended up trying a impact wrench and it ended up rounding the bolt badly. so it is completely round now .

i borrowed a bolt extractor from a friend but it was not the right size as the bolt is just a little bit bigger, so did not want to dremel the bolt head to make it smaller yet for the extractor to fit

also borrowed a drill bit style extractor but drilling in the middle of the bolt with a regular small bit to put the drill bit extrator in it , but just a few milometer in the drill bit broke but was not much in as yet. but since the bit broke now in there the only option is to maybe shave the bolt head off to drill a new hole or dremel the head small enough to fit the bolt extractor over

but before i do anything more would like to know what you guys think i should or what would work best or any other ideas i should try?

thanks

dont think it possible

but i was told leave it alone befor i make it worse and damage something else and just use a oil extractor to get my oil out from now.

Most impact driver setS have a bit for slotted screws. If yours does, use your Dremel to CAREFULLY cut a slot in the bolt so that the flat blade bit fits snuggly. Then insert the impact drive and Bit in the slot and strike it. Rather lightly at first, then with increasing blows. That should get it loosened. MAKE SURE YOUR IMPACT DRIVER IS SET TO "EXTRACT."

Back