Logo

Endura T-Mount to bow - wired remote controlled modification

Nightfisher

Hi all,
Been working on modifying my Endura 55 lbt from tiller control to wired remote control as well as electric steering control. The remote control part I have done once before years ago with an older MK 20 lbt.

My question/concern is will the module super-heat being enclosed in a small weatherproof enclosure? Also, the power cables are ten gauge but if I'm extending 10 feet (Module to trolling motor head), and an addition six feet (TM Head to battery), can I still get away with ten gauge cables. I feel eight gauge will make it all too heavy. The original ten gauge cable has a tag warning to use a 70 AMP resettable Cirquit Breaker at battery which is understandable, but increasing the length of the cables concerns me in handling that max amperage.

Any advice would be appreciated.

NOW COMPLETED. Just a note to say it's done. Remote electric steering(using old 14.4V drill and DPDT Toggle switch, 10nd 14 gauge wire and 60amp fuse) and Forward/Rev and Speed control (single unit)is now removed and wired eight feet into what was the 14.4V drill battery case (Both DPDT steering switch and motor control). The completed remote and Endura work great. Next project: Wireless remote engine off control (Overboard Safety). Already already have parts list..15-20 dollars.

Back