Logo

Mercury outboard 1980 50hp

M

mario millette

starts good exepted it run ab

starts good exepted it run about 5 miles per hours
fire seems good no backfires i would like to knoe if it could be the reed valves or the electronic box tank you

" mario,

90% of the prob

" mario,

90% of the problems you experience are going to be fuel related; pull the plugs out and check spark, if it's good, most likely it's a fuel issue. I think bad reeds are really going to make it run like hell (or not run), the electronic box is OK if the spark is good. Look into fuel supply, fuel pump, and carbs. Tell us how you do,

Jon "

" Hi Mario; I have a 1985 50hp

" Hi Mario; I have a 1985 50hp.merc. do you have a thermostat in your motor, Mine doesn't when you don't the exhaust will clog, (that's what happened to mine) it was like the thottle was stuck 1/2 way. I pulled the head off and scrapped everything out and that did the job. Everything is back in specs,and the motor runs like new. good luck. Good luck, Let us know...... "

" Hi Mario; I have a 1985 50hp

" Hi Mario; I have a 1985 50hp.merc. do you have a thermostat in your motor, Mine doesn't when you don't the exhaust will clog, (that's what happened to mine) it was like the thottle was stuck 1/2 way. I pulled the head off and scrapped everything out and that did the job. Everything is back in specs,and the motor runs like new. good luck. Good luck, Let us know...... "

Back