Logo

Default MW Sea King 7.5h wont stay running

Hello I'm new to the forms from Michigan and am looking for information on a Montgomery Wards sea king 7.5h.
    According to the information I found this is a 1976 made by Clinton. Issue is it will run and start but once in the water it wont run up or idle just stalls out. Having issues with the choke knob not engaging/disengaging and possible carb float issue. Does anyone know where i could find parts for this and does anyone have any manuals for this motor?

thank you

Default Re: MW Sea King 7.5h wont stay running

Quote Originally Posted by buck119fa View Post
    Hello I'm new to the forms from Michigan and am looking for information on a Montgomery Wards sea king 7.5h.
    According to the information I found this is a 1976 made by Clinton. Issue is it will run and start but once in the water it wont run up or idle just stalls out. Having issues with the choke knob not engaging/disengaging and possible carb float issue. Does anyone know where i could find parts for this and does anyone have any manuals for this motor?

thank you
    I have a 9.9, when I first bought it, it acted the same, new points fixed it right up. Try E-bay for manuals, I got one there and also for for the points the points or an older boat repair shop.

Default Re: MW Sea King 7.5h wont stay running

Give discountmarine a call they may have a manual. Have you checked the compression? It is basically a two cycle lawn mower motor the choke is only for cold starts. Exactly how are you adjusting the slow needle?