Logo

1988 200hp engine will not turn over

deerejunkie

I bought this boat last year used it a few times got it out few weeks ago fired right up and ran good until pulling back on throttle rapidly and died , motor would not turn over , temp gauge showed it not to be hot after awhile got it fired back up. not knowing past on boat and knowing gas is could be bad completey clean tank replace water sep filter (which it had water in it ) fired up engine for very short time off auxiliary fuel tank with new gas in it ran fine for the short time. went out week later to go to lake for test run motor would not turn over switch battery charged battery etc still will not turn over .when you hit the starter you can see the front pulley trying to move. I have brought boat home where I got more tools and time to work on removed plugs all cylinders are dry still will not turn over and see front pulley bouncing when I hit starter oil looks great and this is a freshwater boat looking for advice THANKS FOR READING

assuming the engine wasn't hydrolocked, I'd be incline to check both ends of all the battery cables used....and get the battery load tested, too.

Ayuh,..... A brand new SEI drive, complete for 'bout $1500. is the Best deal goin',.....

Yer lower needs rebuildin' at this point,....
Gravity carried all the junk metal down into it,....

yes I know what you are saying but budget allows only top gear box . I have a complete stern drive off 120/140 that the upper gears are not same as the one that froze up but I think the lower units are the same , so I have a backup lower unit . am I right about that ???? THANKS FOR HELP AND ADVICE

Back