Logo

2002 johnson 90hp fuel problem

joek

Hello again...I just had my 2002 Johnson 90hp 2 stroke carbs cleaned and rebuilt...but still having same problems..runs great at high rpms,,top end speed 40,,sounds great...problem is when trolling it still periodcly stalls and when I shut off 4 short periods to drift fish when restart have to choke to get running and take off,,,sometimes juststalling when giving throttle...I do not think there r any adjustments on the 4 carbs,,,any suggestions as to what might be causing this problem..getting really frustrated with this..changed water fuel sep ,,plugs..fresh gas ..etc... any help appreciated ..thanks Joe

what do you mean by quick start?..Starts fine..seems to be loading up when trying to take off..and then stalling will idle in neutral all day no problem..

I have had the same problem (same engine) for 2-3 years now. Engine starts great, idles great, transitions to power great, makes tons of power at top end, then after it's warm it has a super rough idle and stalls occasionally.
I am suspecting that Quick Start is staying on. This would account for good cold start and poor warm idle if the timing it too advanced for a warm engine.

thanks a lot 4 link to bbc...took the 3 screws off plastic cover and there it was..roller in incorrect position ...took less than 5 mins to put roller in correct position and cover back on..now all I have to do is test on local lake..let you now results...thanks joe..

Back