Logo

PMC 351 (Ford) circa 1990 - Electrical issue

lilbiscuit

I have a 1990 PCM Ford 351 in a Supra Conbrio.

I tried to use a mini portable jump starter to start it, and it shorted "something" out. Now, any time power is connected (i.e. battery hooked up) the starter engages, even if key is not in the ignition.

Which part(s) did I possibly short out?

I would test/check the 50 Amp circuit breaker.

My 50 Amp circuit breaker on rear of engine where starter relay is also located failed over time, could not figure out until it failed. Replaced a batter I did not need to, check cleaned all connections at all locations. R & R Mando alternator twice to have tested (its good) (Dash VM was barely 12Volts, add acc. it dropped.

Circuit breaker never tripped off, but was preventing full voltage from being passed through to rest of system. No volts no start. Ohms meter confirmed there was not continuity. Dealer wants $108, I bought on amazon.com for $38 prime, ebay was $35 free shipping.

I used a $5 50 amp auto parts store circuit breaker as a fix until the Blue Sea Systems part #2142 shows up from amazon.

Dash Volt meter went right back to showing 13-14 volts after replacing the circuit breaker.

Back