Logo

1995 Johnson paint

Chick

Regular Contributor
I have a 1995 Johnson 48 SPL. It looks almost black, and I want to repaint it. I am told that originally, this motor was a Johnson blue. Where is the best place to get paint for this. and what is the color?

The part numbers and paint codes are listed right here at marineengine. Go to the parts list for your model and you will see "Paint" listed under the engine sections list. You can order it here, or take the code to your local auto paint dealer. But consider that marineengine pays for this free forum.

The part numbers and paint codes are listed right here at marineengine. Go to the parts list for your model and you will see "Paint" listed under the engine sections list. You can order it here, or take the code to your local auto paint dealer. But consider that marineengine pays for this free forum.

I have already ordered enough parts here, that I have paid my dues. A friend of mine owns a body shop, and he said he has enough left over gray metallic paint on his shelf, that we can mix it and get it very close. I will probably go that route. Helps me, and helps him with not having to pay for disposal for the paint, when it gets old. Thanks!

Oh well, that being the case, your friend can deal with the paint color with no problem. That's what he does. If he can match a Mercedes, he can match a Johnson.

But consider that marineengine pays for this free forum.

You do realize that forums such as this, only runs about $200 a year, don't you? That is for the forum only, and not the commercial side. These forums draw people to the commercial site, and costs are legal write offs.

Back