Logo

Force outboard engine

S

shashimi

" I have a 1997 trophy bayline

" I have a 1997 trophy bayliner with a 120hp outboard. I bought it used and on the 2nd day out, the engine wouldn't start. Everytime I click on to start, i could see smoke coming out of the starter. Does it means that my starter is going...any suggestion is greatly appreciatted.. "

" Remove the starter, have it

" Remove the starter, have it tested, you probably cooked it so plan on a new or rebuilt unit. "

"Looking for info on mercury f

"Looking for info on mercury force powerhead motor's for jetstar boat. I need trouble shooting manual.
Jeff Mulligan in Ottawa Canada.
RSVP [email protected]

ps: VERY DESPERATE"

"Jeff,
Have you considered th

"Jeff,
Have you considered the Seloc Force Manual?
"

I have a Force 90Hp in a Bayl

I have a Force 90Hp in a Bayliner 89'. Most of the insulation on the inside of the cap has been destroied causing to much noise.
Can you tell me the different alternative I have to make a new insulation? Poluretane is an option?
Raúl Montani Zarate Argentina

" Raul, Buenos dias from Maine

" Raul, Buenos dias from Maine, USA. I reinsulated the inside of my Merc outboard with some foil faced foam insulation purchased at a marine supply store. It is usually used to deaden noise on inboards. They also make a lead lined foam, but it is more money and heavier. I glued it in place with silicone caulking from a caulking gun. Good luck, and post your results, Kim "

" My mariner 175hp/1993 model

" My mariner 175hp/1993 model was perfect till now when I decided to make it ready for summer,it does not start,so I drained the fuel from the carbies,new fuel new spark plugs ,cleaned jets,plenty of battery power flywheel winds well,but it won't start can I be guided? thank you "

RAM...This may not be it but

RAM...This may not be it but did you check you tether chord switch to make sure it is in the on position...DJ

JEFF...The ser# and horsepowe

JEFF...The ser# and horsepower would be helpfull but the manual you might look for is mercury part # 90-831966 and should be available from a merc dealer. If you have a problem or questions call me at 1 905 835 1774 and ask for Dave in service. PS. In Ont. as well...DJ

" I just sold my trusty 1984 1

" I just sold my trusty 1984 15' foot with a 70 mercury and moved up to a 1986 19'bayliner with 85 force, only thing is my boat pulls severly to the right when I get up over 15 MPH how do I correct this? someone told me its supposed to do this in case you fall overboard while driving then it will circle to the right till you swim up to it, hmmmm any help......
Dean "

How do you change the lower g

How do you change the lower gear unit oil in a 1986 85HP force engine?

" i have bayliner with a force

" i have bayliner with a force 125hp 4cylinder 2stroke prop sets to high,is it possible to add a shaft extension? "

JUST BOUGHT 1986 16FOOT BAYLIN

JUST BOUGHT 1986 16FOOT BAYLINER CAPRI WITH 85 HP FORCE OUTBOARD ONLY PROBLEM IS THE BATTERY WILL NOT CHARGE . KNOWN PROBLEM IS BAD RECTIFER AND BAD STATOR . DO YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY NEW PARTS ? THANKS

"I have an 1989 Force 85hp. Wh

"I have an 1989 Force 85hp. When cold, it runs fine but after it warms, it begins losing power until it eventually dies. After it cools it starts back up and then goes through the same scenario of losing power. It isnt flooding."

"More info on 85hp force-- whe

"More info on 85hp force-- when it is warming up, it begins by a slight miss in #3 (top) cylinder than slowly all three lose power. My thoughts are: stator/trigger failing and heat causes it to show up. I thought it was the fuel pump, but i ruled that out. When losing power, I cheated and sprayed a little starting fluid in the #3 carb and it didnt help. It has new fuel/Oil Mix in new portable tank. thanks!!"

"Hello, I am a new boat owner.

"Hello, I am a new boat owner. 1988 Capri Bayliner.
The boat has been running great until yesterday.
When I go full throttle, the engine revs high
but the boat is moving slow. What could be the problem. Thank You."

I have a 2002 Bayliner Capri a

I have a 2002 Bayliner Capri and the dash gauges are not working. The Bayliner dealer replaced the gauges and they still don't work. Now they are in the process of ordering new gauges again? I am afraid this isn't going to fix the probelm. Has anyone else had this problem?

Back