Logo

Oil in rear of BF 2.3?

Puffer

Hi

Bought a Honda 2.3 a little over a month ago. Motor has been great, just one thing I have noticed that after putting up the motor for the day there seems to be a slight leakage of oil at the rear vent casing. It is not much, but still is this normal?

Thanks...

No, it is not normal. Check to be sure that you do not have too much oil in it. The oil level should be between the bottom and the white marks on the site glass.

Also, if you are laying it down, be sure to lay it down on the proper side....the one with the two feet on it.

Mike

No, it is not normal. Check to be sure that you do not have too much oil in it. The oil level should be between the bottom and the white marks on the site glass.

Also, if you are laying it down, be sure to lay it down on the proper side....the one with the two feet on it.

Mike

I make sure to lay it down on the correct side, in fact when carrying in the back of the car, I use a pillow so it doesn't get scratched and gives it a slight elevation.

As far as oil level goes, this unit is hard to gauge because the level is very sensitive to *any* kind of tilt.

I know it was ok before the 10 hour maintenance and I first noticed it then so I don't think that is it.

But since the 10 hour, I will double check to make sure it is not overfilled.

When I take the motor off the boat to put back in the car is when I notice it . It is like dried oil on the back vents if that make sense.
Anything else that could cause this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I make sure to lay it down on the correct side, in fact when carrying in the back of the car, I use a pillow so it doesn't get scratched and gives it a slight elevation.

As far as oil level goes, this unit is hard to gauge because the level is very sensitive to *any* kind of tilt.

I know it was ok before the 10 hour maintenance and I first noticed it then so I don't think that is it.

But since the 10 hour, I will double check to make sure it is not overfilled.

When I take the motor off the boat to put back in the car is when I notice it . It is like dried oil on the back vents if that make sense.
Anything else that could cause this?

Thanks.

Just a followup:
Motor has not leaked any more oil As the pillow does not have any new stains on it. What I think iam seeing when we take the motor off is whiteis in color and I am guessing it is a mix of hot exaust and water mix. Anyone seen this ?

Back