Logo

changing seal in TAMD40b Sea Water Pump

helipres

Anyone have experience or info on changing the seal/s on a TAMD40b Sea Water Pump. Just a slow drip coming out while running. I have looked up parts and noted some parts have been replaced by new numbers and parts. Any help is much appreciated.

It's not difficult to do. However the last time I checked the cost of a new pump was not much more that the repair kit offered. Add a cover plate to that assuming yours is possibly worn and you are better off ordering a new one.

If you talk to your local bearing/seal shop you may find that the parts are less than half the cost of the same items in a volvo box. Volvo don't make bearings and seals. They just get them from a spe******t manufacturer and double or triple the price. A new lip seal might cost $10 if that is all you need, but once it is apart I would normally spend a bit more and do all the bearings and seals. If the cover plate is worn you can often resurface them with some wet&dry sandpaper on top of a sheet of glass or a decent flat bed of some sort.

Back