Logo

1994 dt 25

carl65409

I recently purchased this unit. It did sit for 3-4 years. I replaced impel thermostat quickly cleaned carbs. Unit starts right up and runs well in pail. Took it out and under load has little power, doesn't rev up under full throttle bogs down but doesn't stall. I disassembled carbs and cleaned them again, removing a lot of crap. Reassembled and took out again. Same issue and I'm not sure what to try next. Any help greatly appreciated

If a lot of crap came out of the carburettors there is a chance that more will flow through from the tank or lines so it they may need to be cleaned again, unfortunately. Be sure to clean out the whole fuel system if you haven't already. Have you checked whether you are getting spark on all cylinders? It could be down a cylinder. You can run it and disconnect one at a time to see if they are all contributing equal power. I would also do a compression check to make sure you have good compression on all cylinders too.

Stuart

Thanks for the reply Stuart. I did not flush the rest of the system. I used new fuel tanks but the rest was not touched. Did confirm spark to all cylinders. Will do compression test. What should compression be?

Back