Logo

1989 100 hp Mariner 4 cyliner oil injection

Chick

Regular Contributor
The check valves are not working on my oil injection system. The gasoline is filling up the oil reservoir. It looks like there are 4 check valves in the system. Is there one that is responsible for allowing the gasoline into the oil reservoir? Which one allows this to happen? Can these check valves be cleaned, or must they be replaced?

Theres only one check valve for both style pumps. Depends on the fuel pump if you have the 90degree fitting(2 elbows on pump cover) or the single elbow on which valve to use. This confusion burns a few motors up as if wrong diaphragm is instaledl in dual fitting pump engine will run on straight fuel and seize

Last edited:
Theres only one check valve for both style pumps. Depends on the fuel pump if you have the 90degree fitting(2 elbows on pump cover) or the single elbow on which valve to use. This confusion burns a few motors up as if wrong diaphragm is instaledl in dual fitting pump engine will run on straight fuel and seize

You are probably right. I have never worked on the oil injection and only going by the SELOC manual. I will look at it tomorrow, to see if it has a single or double elbow. That is crazy that they would use 2 different systems in the same model year. Can this valve be cleaned, or must it just be replaced?

Back