Logo

1979 suzuki "spirit" 2 hp fuel mix?

dragonslayr

Hi all from Lexington, Mi.... I just bought a Spirit 2 HP from a friend that had it sored for about ten years and could not remember what the proper fuel/oil ratio was. Anybody here happen to know?.. Also; am wondering if I can use my chainsaw 2 cycle oil as a mix for this little gem? This motor has "very low hours" and I want to treat her right... Thanks, Walt~

if its liquid cooled will be 50:1. in an emergency the chainsaw gas mix will work. Buy a good tcw 3 outboard oil for it the reason being is chainsaws run hotter than most outboards so their oil is formulated to burn off at higher temps liquid cooled outboards generally don't run hot enough to burn it off and over time will cause carbon issues

if its liquid cooled will be 50:1. in an emergency the chainsaw gas mix will work. Buy a good tcw 3 outboard oil for it the reason being is chainsaws run hotter than most outboards so their oil is formulated to burn off at higher temps liquid cooled outboards generally don't run hot enough to burn it off and over time will cause carbon issues

thank you very much Scott for all of the information... I will be following your advice! Walt~

Back