Logo

Sherwood dual pocket pump raw water intake hose orientation

Just rebuilt motor and having a problem remembering raw water hose orientation for raw water intake and oil cooler. (I have a diagram but no "split" from raw water inlet. )Does the raw water intake hose line go to the forward bottom pump intake or aft bottom intake on pump. Thanks.

Ho-boy! (I always warn people to mark that thing BEFORE removing it.)

Hope this helps. It's for twin engines.

Jeff

Attachments

• Impeller Orientation.JPG
    Impeller Orientation.JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 213
Ho-boy! (I always warn people to mark that thing BEFORE removing it.)

Hope this helps. It's for twin engines.

Jeff

Jeff, if (key word "IF") your image is showing a front view of the engines and seawater pumps, and if the Stbd engine is the RH Reverse engine (shaft drives), I believe that your Port and Stbd notations are reversed ..... yes/no?

IOW, if (key word "IF") viewing from the front of the engines, Std LH rotation Port engine should be turning CW..... and the RH Reverse Stbd engine should be turning CCW!

Bad Girl from Maine......
Have you considered replacing the dual pocket belt driven seawater pumps with crankshaft pumps?

This would require a one-time replumbing.... but I think that you'd be happy with a more updated seawater pump system.

Take a read here.

http://www.marineengine.com/boat-fo...Chrysler-crank-pump-drive-drawings-318-to-440

Last edited:
Rick, IF that were a front view then starboard (right side of boat) would be opposite (left side of boat), anyway the diagram has nothing to do with a dual pocket pump on a single screw install.

on my chrysler inboard-century reverse rotation/ tranny/ v drive 440 cube chrysler inlet is on top of pump.
Can you post a photo of this for us?
Typically, the inlet (suction side) is the lower port.... and the outlet (supply side) would be the upper port.
(see image below)

Rick, IF that were a front view then starboard (right side of boat) would be opposite (left side of boat),
We use the terms Starboard and Port to avoid any confusion as to Right or Left.

anyway the diagram has nothing to do with a dual pocket pump on a single screw install.
Please explain.... I'm all ears!

Attachments

• Sherwood impeller Direction LH.jpg
    Sherwood impeller Direction LH.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 83
Back