Logo

1978 115 hp 6 cylinder Number 5 and 6 cylinder are not firing or very little spark.

i1bowhunter

My big question here is,Can the trigger or the switch box create this problem .Or is it most likely wires and or distributor cap.The ceramic on these two plugs are 85% white With a small dark area and very clean and washed looking.I was told my other post wasn't understandable hopefully this is clearer and someone can help me out.:confused:

I was really hoping their was a professional on this site that would know the answer to this, My problem is my local dealers don't know these older motors,Please if you not sure what I'm asking ask me for more definition or specifics to my problem.

Have you cleaned the distributor cap ?--------It is possible that you have a problem with the lower carburetor.---------Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" on all 6 leads, yes or no?-----No guessing on that measurement.------Another possibility is water getting in those 2 from leaky gaskets on exhaust covers.

Have you cleaned the distributor cap ?--------It is possible that you have a problem with the lower carburetor.---------Does spark jump a gap of 3/8" on all 6 leads, yes or no?-----No guessing on that measurement.------Another possibility is water getting in those 2 from leaky gaskets on exhaust covers.

As far as carb I think its ok plugs wet, as far as water wouldn't affect 3 cylinders with the water. Either way found a spot on one of my stator wires that was ground fixed that seemed to solve problem ,didn't check plugs yet but was hardly able to open it up at all lake to rough. I will check that spark gap on each though thanks.

Back