Logo

1999 Honda 90 No.2 Cylinder Not Firing

jth1959

I have a 1999 Honda 90 which has not been run since last fall (running fine) when it was run out of fuel and the bowls drained. Just changed the fuel connector on the engine to newer rectangular type and installed new fuel hose/lines. Started engine and it ran rough at idle and was getting fuel out of air box drain. Assumed I only had a stuck float as tapping the bowl cured the fuel issue. However still rough idle and rough at higher throttle. Removing plug wire from No. 2 cylinder gives no change of RPM. Plenty of spark so I'm assuming completely plugged jet. Is it possible to remove only one carb or does the whole assembly need to come off and all carbs cleaned/rebuilt.

It is possible, with great effort to get that carburetor out...however...it is much easier if you take off the entire set at the intake manifold.

Besides....if one of the carburetors is having an issue, I have found that the others are not far behind....and could also use cleaning.

Mike

Thanks for your reply. I was hoping to work on just the single carb to be able to use the boat for a short vacation and would then have all the carbs cleaned. I gave up and took it to the shop where it awaits a full carb cleaning.

Back