Logo

Bf90d propeller

tracky

I am looking to increase the speed of my pontoon, I have a 2008 BF90d, the boat is a 2007 24' pontoon, sun chaser, it runs at 6200-6300 rpm WOT, I get about 23mph, the propeller is 3.75x13, I think it is at the high end of the rpm's, I do not pull any skiers, if I load the boat I still get 6000-6100 rpm, I was thinking of installing a 13.25x17, but not sure if this would be too much, i'm not looking for power just more speed, if this lowers the WOT to 5400 would this be ok . thanks in advance
Tracy

I am not so sure that the 17 will make the boat go faster or if it will just bogg the engine down and make it work harder. If the full throttle rpm is 5400 or so, it is way too low for that engine and will probably affect its life expectancy.

6200 is a good place to be with the 90 on a pontoon.

Going to a 14 would may give you a little more speed and probably keep the rpms near 6000. It is a pontoon, and it still plows through the water, so anything you do will probably not give you any signicant increase in speed.

Just my 2 cents...

Mike

sorry for the delay, I was hoping to get it to go a little faster, I guess I will just keep the old prop, thank you for your help

Back