Logo

tr drive borg warner trans

snooktrout58

1984 sea ray 270, tr drive 454 w/ borg warner trans. rough noise in trans at forward and reverse low rpm. 1000 rpm and above no noise. removed outdrive and found pink milky fluid in universal bellows. Anybody had this problem ????

Are you saying there is water and trans fluid in your bellow ? Is the trans low on fluid ? Is there water in the trans ?
Are you sure the noise is in the trans ? (not in the bellow, ie u joints)

It's almost like trans fluid and water have mixed and is being blown out the exhaust.

Your loosing me with "being blown out the exhaust" ???

Could it be drive fluid ? My TR/TRS drives had fluid in the bellows. It came from the drive. There is a seal around the drive shaft coming thru the drive that will go bad and allow drive fluid to enter the u-joint bellows. I have MercTrans II, and am not really familier with the BW trans. but was told that its not likely the trans is leaking into the bellows.

I will do a little more looking around the outdrive. Having the trans inspected now for the low rpm noise in foward and reverse. Thanks for the idea about the seal.

Trans noise was flex plate. All done. Still have pinkish white fluid in bellows where universal for outdrive is located. HELP. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back