Logo

HELP!!!!!1987 omc 4.3

Nwoodruff

Hello new to the forum. I have 1987 gm 4.3 omc engine. I need a engine rebuild kit but don't know exactly which one to get if someone could please help me thank you very much

welcome to ME.com!!

First off, you'd been better off posting in the OMC section for OMC questions.....

To address your question, I'd suggest just taking the block to the machine shop that's going to do that work and let them give you recommendations on parts if you want to buy them separately....usually, is more time & cost effective to let them assemble the whole thing...usually benefits the warranty concern, too. Only caveat is make sure they know this is a boat engine and they know what it means.

BTW, unless the block in question was fresh water cooled, I wouldn't waste any time or money in it...

welcome to ME.com!!

First off, you'd been better off posting in the OMC section for OMC questions.....

To address your question, I'd suggest just taking the block to the machine shop that's going to do that work and let them give you recommendations on parts if you want to buy them separately....usually, is more time & cost effective to let them assemble the whole thing...usually benefits the warranty concern, too. Only caveat is make sure they know this is a boat engine and they know what it means.

BTW, unless the block in question was fresh water cooled, I wouldn't waste any time or money in it...

Thank you you very much for your response. I didn't know there was such a thing my bad. I plan on doing the job myself I just didn't want to buy the wrong parts online. IDE rather buy them all at once like an engine rebuild kit that comes with rod and bearings crank and pistons and what not. And yes it is fresh water cooled.

I plan on doing the job myself I just didn't want to buy the wrong parts online. IDE rather buy them all at once like an engine rebuild kit that comes with rod and bearings crank and pistons and what not

Ayuh,.... The motor has to be torn down, evaluated, 'n Then sizes of parts are determined, 'n the machine work necessary,....

Maybe you oughta be lookin' at crate motors,.... a full on rebuild might be more involved than ya think,....

The thing is I'm replacing a faulty head gasket and since I'm in the engine I want to basically overhaul it. If it comes down to me having to get it machined than so be it but I need at least the proper gasket kit

The thing is I'm replacing a faulty head gasket and since I'm in the engine I want to basically overhaul it. If it comes down to me having to get it machined than so be it but I need at least the proper gasket kit

Ayuh,.... Point is, until the motor is disassembled, cleaned, measured,'n evaluated,....

Ya don't know what parts ya need,.....

Back