Logo

Traxxis 55 is acting up, was submerged. What part do I need to order?

Chad Anderson

I recently bought a traxxis 55 with the variable thrust. I had an incident with a canoe and it was under water for about 10 minutes, after drying out it worked fine for a few days but now suddenly the power is getting sputtery. It seems to get worse the longer it runs and the more resistance it has. When its out of the water you can barely notice but once it has any resistance it starts to shake pretty badly, and sometimes just stops working all together and I have to "tap" the motor on the head and it kicks back on. I am pretty sure the lower half of the motor is fine and its something in the electronics in the head. I do not want to bring this in for service, I am not sure its worth the cost and I do have a 2nd motor, but if I had a good idea of what part was wrong I would be willing to replace it myself. I just dont have any idea what part to replace, I am assuming it would be the big black sealed box thats in the head, but would like to know with more certainty that that is the problem. Let me know what you smart guys think! lol

Back