Logo

Mercruise Horizon 350 2006 No scan tool

markbabb

Contributing Member
Hi Pros
I need some help.This fuel injected engine has developed a real problem starting when cold. I thought it was the water temperature sensor and replaced it but the problem remains. I tried to start it at the dock and it would not start even though last night on the trailer it started right away. I disconnected the throttle position sensor after about 45 minutes of cranking waiting then cranking and it started . I walked it out through no wake zone then had no more than 3000 rpms full throttle. Limped back to the dock and shut it down turned off batteries and the with the disconnected position sensor plugged back in tried it again and it started right up but still seems stuck in limp mode. So I am guessing my first issue is with the cold start and the second how to get it out of limp mode. On yeah previously it was hard to start but eventually would then after that I had no problems restarting throughout the day of fishing. Any ideas about this are appreciated as I am new to the engines with sensors and a computer?

Hi Pros
I need some help.This fuel injected engine has developed a real problem starting when cold. I thought it was the water temperature sensor and replaced it but the problem remains. I tried to start it at the dock and it would not start even though last night on the trailer it started right away. I disconnected the throttle position sensor after about 45 minutes of cranking waiting then cranking and it started . I walked it out through no wake zone then had no more than 3000 rpms full throttle. Limped back to the dock and shut it down turned off batteries and the with the disconnected position sensor plugged back in tried it again and it started right up but still seems stuck in limp mode. So I am guessing my first issue is with the cold start and the second how to get it out of limp mode. On yeah previously it was hard to start but eventually would then after that I had no problems restarting throughout the day of fishing. Any ideas about this are appreciated as I am new to the engines with sensors and a computer?

I know this is very old but I did find that the position sensor on the throttle was sticking. I replaced it and all was well. I also had a clogged fuel pump screen which impeded the flow of gas for anything above idle. flushed tank and replaced pump to fix the issue.

Back