Logo

Trim tilt seal repair hydraulic shop vs marine shop?

Kellxr7

Greetings from a newbie, Ill get right into it, I have an 81 Johnson 115 & a seal on the tilt is leaking, I live in a smaller city with limited reputable marine repair shops, I was told by a couple friends that if I would be just as well off going to a hydraulic shop, makes sense to me but I am a rookie, would this be a good idea?

Greetings from a newbie, Ill get right into it, I have an 81 Johnson 115 & a seal on the tilt is leaking, I live in a smaller city with limited reputable marine repair shops, I was told by a couple friends that if I would be just as well off going to a hydraulic shop, makes sense to me but I am a rookie, would this be a good idea?

It seems to get more complicated and specialized when you have a odd operational problem, ie unit tilts down when running or up in reverse or something, but an outside leak is pretty simple to fix. Usually it's just removing the cap and replacing a few seals.

I'd say you wouldn't even necessarily need a shop that specializes in hydraulics, lots of things (like snow plows) have similar issues that are easily remedied at the local automotive shop.

Jon

i recommend you to listen to your friends, those hydraulic shops are specialized for what you need

Back