Logo

need help indentifying this motor

newbyboathead

so heres what i got its an old single cyl. 2stroke. definatly an eska of some kind the only markkings are a single motor tag that read T-634-07D and below that 5017791. plz help i cant find any other infoe on it.. thanks for the help. i need to set the point etc. to ger it runing.ran years ago been siting in a shed.has enough spark to numb your fingers.. but not enough to spark a plug.

any help points gap plug type fuel mix ration hp of the motor ANYTHING appreciated thanks all !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AsWJmm2qYg
Im going by the carb kit number Tec-634-07 1965 or 1967 5hp eska goldenjet or pathfinder. I would run 24:1 fuel mix until you find out different. points .020 and plugs .030 points gap is usually on the flywheel?

yeah ive found out it should be a 65 eska goldenjet 5hp i got a set of points and condenser for it today. started righ up however im having a very hard time getting it to stay running for awhile. and its surges and will randomly spike idle and just take right off then dies.. almost like running out of fuel.? ive cleaned the carb out its fresh fuel new plug cj14 (make sense?)...also running at 16:1 ratio.
the adjuster thats on the top left of the carb i belive is the low jet?? wich way do i turn that to slow idle. and wich to raise it?? as for on the bottom of the bowl thats the high speed? i would adjust this more when at top end right?? or is there a base spec to these to start at then tune from there??

im used to snowmachines and being able to find specs on stuff wich is making this harder.. appreciate any and all advice yall!

yeah ive found out it should be a 65 eska goldenjet 5hp i got a set of points and condenser for it today. started righ up however im having a very hard time getting it to stay running for awhile. and its surges and will randomly spike idle and just take right off then dies.. almost like running out of fuel.? ive cleaned the carb out its fresh fuel new plug cj14 (make sense?)...also running at 16:1 ratio.
the adjuster thats on the top left of the carb i belive is the low jet?? wich way do i turn that to slow idle. and wich to raise it?? as for on the bottom of the bowl thats the high speed? i would adjust this more when at top end right?? or is there a base spec to these to start at then tune from there??

im used to snowmachines and being able to find specs on stuff wich is making this harder.. appreciate any and all advice yall!

UPDATE: changed plug to a j8c. also replaced seat and needle also found that the internal fuel pump was no good replaced it .also figured out wich way to turn the jets. how ever still looking for some help on adjusting these if possible thanks all!

it seems to e running better but i will be taking er out for a ride tonight see if shes good to go!

Back