Logo

Another story of hurricane sandy , the last leg...I hope.

knuckle47

Advanced Contributor
It has been maybe 3 years since my activities here and the storm that centered on our home and lives took a bite out of our family. My first look back here was to see If I could remember the names of the guys who are always here like lighthouse beacons in the old sailing days. I remembered them...thank goodness . The forum has always been a great source of knowledge to me. I have forgotten so much. I am hoping the familiarity will restore it self by spending more time focusing.

i never believed a weakness like that was in my chemistry or that any stresses of any kind would cut my life in half. But rather than dwell on so much of the manure , I have come to a point that gets me to finally rise above it all mentally and start moving along to get our boat afloat. House is done. And 1/2 the dock reconstructed.

i will be seeing the boat for the second time in 3 years this week. I'll bet there is an overwhelming amount of work to do but I know this going in and if all my old and new friends here won't mind, I'll get it done. That's my story, looking forward to pulling answers out of all of you...Al

Pulled the plugs, lubed and cranked the block...Seems like things are moving well. Installed 6 new batteries and removed the 7kw Westerbeke generator. It was always in the way of the port engine and I am not getting any more flexible as I get older. Changed the impellers in the E35's . They had really very little set in them. My firs impression was to use them but I KNOW THATS DUMB.

I'll post progress as it happens.

Great to see you guys here ! Thanks for the encouragement

Glad to hear you are making progress. I also need to change my Sherwood E35 impellers. I like your location since I have an Egg Harbor.

Slow and steady will win the race Al.....keep on it and she'll be ready to fish....never hurts to keep the old impellers as spares...

Back