Logo

84 bf10 running issue

Tj Towne

this has been sitting for years. i have new fuel, cleaned carb, cleaned fuel pump and filter. idles fine but when you try to rev it up it will stall. any common issues?
thanks

Your model is bf100d and the year is 1983. The carb was used on BF75 and BF100's.
The carb has changed part numbers from 16100-881-023 to 16100-881-033.

I doubt that use can use the new carb's nozzle on the old carb....but I do not know for sure.

You might try doing a google search for the carb numbers or for Bf75 or BF100 used parts.

Mike

now i have put on new carb it runs strong with cover off. put cover on and it idles way down and has no power. take cover off and it revs right up. the ign wires and fuel lines are not getting pinched. probably a very odd issue. anyone run into this before?

i found on another thread about an exhaust leak at the horn under the cyl. head. i am having trouble identifying this part any help would be great

so i took the head off to inspect the muffler, no cracks. what i found was is the the next seal down is torn and needs to be replaced. any help finding this part and install instructions would be great

Back