Logo

Honda BF20D cooling Issues

cattmann

Hi I .Can anyone please explain to me how the water gets from the bottom of my outboard to the top? I purchased this boat and the owner and i could not get any water coming out the top hole . We used a hose hookup on the bottom of the engine where the screens are located on each side. There are a few holes above the screens that have the anode metal bolted on .Should water be forced into these holes also. There is a black hose going from the cover where it exits the engine and also to a black unit with exhaust coming out of it .The other clear hose goes to the bottom of the carb and also to the cover . The clear one was plugged with an insect so I cleaned it out and reinstalled it but you still cannot blow through it . What is the purpose of these 2 lines.Thanks for the help.A green horn

Sorry for the rave .Since posting I have determined that the clear hose connected to the weep hole is carb related. Also I watched a you tube vedio and it shows where the water pump is and when i removed the screens alot of impeller rubber fell out.Just have to figure out how to take the bottom off next.

Ok I have removed the bottom foot and replaced the water pump assembly and it works excellent.Great experience for the first time .

Cattmann, it sounds like you are into doing your own maintenance and repairs, so I highly recommend that you purchase the official Helm Shop Manual for that engine. They are available on eBay and Amazon. They are pricey, but worth every penny and will save you many bucks in the long run.

Back