Logo

Neptune Alternative Carburetor?

lightfoot1

Contributing Member
Does anyone know if there is an alternative carburetor that can be used on a 2hp 1939 Neptune? It's a model No 2A39 with a Tillotson MS-105A Carburetor.

If not, does anyone know what size the bottom jet is?

Or, what the displacement is so I can try to adapt a different carb?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if there is an alternative carburetor that can be used on a 2hp 1939 Neptune? It's a model No 2A39 with a Tillotson MS-105A Carburetor.

If not, does anyone know what size the bottom jet is?

Or, what the displacement is so I can try to adapt a different carb?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I know it's been a long time since you posted this. I am hoping that you found a solution to this problem...
My grandfather left me a Muncie Neptune 2a39. The Tillotson MS-105A carburetor main valve is broken off.
My 13 year old son and I would like to get it running again. We are having difficulty finding parts for this 81 year old carburetor. I emailed Tillotson, but they didn't respond. Did you have any luck finding a replacement? Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!
thank you!

Hi, sorry it took me a few days to respond to this. I just saw your question. By the way I am Lightfoot1 but I had to reregister because I couldn’t Remember my password or find the Find password link. Try Doug Penn, he really helped me a lot. Here’s the link to his information.
[h=2]Contact Matt or Doug Penn at [email protected]ember my password or find[/h]

Found the lost password link. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I did get mine running again but it’s very temperamental as it always was.

Back