Logo

Searay / 350 MAG Engine Misfire Error

Chris Martin

I have a 2008 Searay 250SLX with a mercruiser 350 MAG. Since the middle of last summer I have been getting a System Fault (Engine Misfire) (STBD System Fault 71). I have taken it to the only local Mercury shop and they have been unable to resolve the issue. When they connect their computer, the data does not provide and specific information. They have changed it distributor cap, plugs, etc, but no resolution. Has anyone run across this scenario before?

Engine Serial - 1A304222

I am not experienced with the EFI models so this is only a guess based on the manuals I have.

If your system uses PCM 555 and you are seeing a code 71

this is what I found.
If this is not relevant to your efi system then disregard.

There are a few here who do have efi experience though so maybe they will chime in and confirm or deny my info.

I have a 2008 Searay 250SLX with a mercruiser 350 MAG. Since the middle of last summer I have been getting a System Fault (Engine Misfire) (STBD System Fault 71). I have taken it to the only local Mercury shop and they have been unable to resolve the issue. When they connect their computer, the data does not provide and specific information. They have changed it distributor cap, plugs, etc, but no resolution. Has anyone run across this scenario before?

Engine Serial - 1A304222

Hello Chris,
I have what sounds like the exact same problem that you had, below are my details. Did you find a fix? If so would you please the details? Also if anyone else has had or heard of this same problem please, let me hear from you. Thank you in advance to everyone.

2012 Cypress Cay Cayman 250SLE Pontoon Boat