Logo

johnson 88 spl

Hi I have a 1995 Kenner with 1995 johnson spl88 the last couple weeks the boat has been slowing down and Sat it goes slow fine great give it gas and it bogs down and seems like it's not getting gas . I have done plugs carb cleaner best gas and oil sea foam brain coils fuel filter please any suggestions I just got my guides license I'm ready to fish but boat don't want to .thanks Ruth oh I had mechanic sync carbs and timing ok let me know what to do thanks Ruth from burnet tx

I was on the other side of lake it didn't wanna go it freaked me out so I went 14 all way back loaded it didn't pump bulb questions can I put the ears thing on and do it or does it need be in water thank you for responding

with the boat in the water trim the motor up until you are just getting cooling water in lower unit...if it runs ok there you have water in the gas...

Ok I have a fuel separating thing water separator gas filter lol don't know all terms if there is water as we have been rained on for last 7days like 10 inches how do I get it out and may I say thanks for helping

water separator is like an oil filter on automobile..you may need a oil filter wrench to remove...cheap at auto store...if you have water then put a new filter in and then get rid of all the gas in your tank(s)..
my entry on water in gas is only one of a few possible sources of your problem...try the bulb pumping as suggested also...

Back