Logo

Im tired of the costs to repair my boat so i donated it!

milawol

Ive had a motorboat for many, many years and over the years its cost me so much money to make repairs and not to mention storage costs? It became such a headache to have and i wasn't using it very often anymore so i started to think if ways to get rid of my motorboat. I tried selling it on craigslist and multiple other ways of trying to make some profit from it. But nothing came of the ways i tried. One day i stumbled upon a charity website called Charity Boats. They are a faith-based non-profit charity organization who accepts all types of donations to give back out to our communities nationwide! Not only does their charity benefit the needy but you also will benefit when donating a boat or any other donations you may want to give. Your donation could provide thousands in tax deductions based on the market value of your donation! Charityboats.org makes the donation process fast and easy! You have the option of calling them up or filling out a form online at http://www.charityboats.org it'll take you no longer then 5 minutes of your time! Get rid of that boat taking up space and at the same time make a difference in someones life. :)

as helpful as this appears......I called. I just recently tried donating a primo bayliner that many people would kill for. the wild card here is......the value of the boat MUST greatly EXCEED their cost to come and get it and to sell it. so basically, they want a new boat. the splash looks nice......but.......

unfortunately the various charities snubbed their noses at me........first call to my marina......the owner himself showed up.

Most of these "donate Boats" and "donate autos" are scams to the max. Note that most, like this one, do not represent a specific charitable cause.

Most of these "donate Boats" and "donate autos" are scams to the max. Note that most, like this one, do not represent a specific charitable cause.

When I am skeptical I look for facts from the source before I act or speak. I did the same here. They are not a 3rd party really. The Giving Center runs the boating program for their own funding.

as helpful as this appears......I called. I just recently tried donating a primo bayliner that many people would kill for. the wild card here is......the value of the boat MUST greatly EXCEED their cost to come and get it and to sell it. so basically, they want a new boat. the splash looks nice......but.......

unfortunately the various charities snubbed their noses at me........first call to my marina......the owner himself showed up.

That is not a true statement. That Charity Boats funding goes to the Giving Center which is an IRS approved 501(c)3 non-profit charity. All of my tax documents reflected that information.

the point that I was making is.....they do not want all boats........they only want NEW boats. they were way to evasive on the phone and not very forthcoming to any questions that I was asking. thanks.....BUT NO THANKS

1. The website gives me no confidence that this is a real charity.
2. The mission statement is vague and non-specific
3. Charity boats is not listed on either of the two listing services I use to check out charities.
4. Just because an organization gets a 501c(3) tax exemption does not mean it is a legitimate charity.

Enough said. End of subject!

Back