Logo

90 hp yamaha

dino1

Does Yamaha have sensors that if there is trouble that it will shut down to a low rpm? Starts and runs find, then bogs down to 5-8mph, starts right back up but will only run at low speed. Suddenly runs fine? Plenty of oil, good gas. 2001 90HP with carbs. ????

I have an older model 90 that if the oil gets low it limits the engine to 2000 rpms might be the same with yours. Check the oil sensor

the sensor is in the tank itself basically just a sending unit. I think the location of it is the top of the tank should see the wires going in through a rubber boot. Also do you have the tach that has the oil lights in it.

Has oil light, gauges are acting weird, has power to them but not working right. Haven't dealt with them yet. Spark and comp. are good. When it stops raining I'll put back in water. Going to go ahead and change fuel ball and pull sending unit out, to see if gummed up.

You need to get a service manual gauges acting weird can be a sign of a bad stator or voltage regulator the manual will tell you how to check the stator.

This site sells some could always try ebay. I would start by making sure all the electrical connections and grounds are clean good luck

Back