Logo

Bowrider WALK THRU door won't close, Frame overlaps windshield, please help!

sweeethemi

I would greatly appreciate some guidance or advice. I recently purchased a Mariah Bowrider. I bought it knowing it needed a new walk thru glass installed. (previous owner said it broke years ago and never bothered to fix and reinstall) So I brought the frame to a glass shop and had them install a new tempered one into the frame. When re-installing it I realized the door wouldnt shut. The frame overlaped the drivers side windshield by 1/2" at top & 1/4" at bottom. Disassembled & removed glass from frame to see if it was cut wrong and reassembled frame without glass and got same issue. The boat was on the trailer and I was thinking the hull could be flexing inward do to sitting on a ridged trailer so I brought it to the boat launch to and placed it in the water thinking the hull would relax and the frame would fall back in place...Nope...Didnt flex or budge a millimeter! So aside of trimmimg the top and bottom door frame and buying ANOTHER door glass, is there a chance the windshield has gone out of adustment & can be readjusted?? Has anyone else run into this issue?

When re-installing it I realized the door wouldnt shut. The frame overlaped the drivers side windshield by 1/2" at top & 1/4" at bottom.

Ayuh,.... Yer hull is foldin' in on itself,....

Ya need to jack, 'n brace the consoles to push the window gap open wider to fit the window,.....

Back