Logo

1997 evinrude 175hp ocean pro revs up

jlvead

My ocean pro started right up last week just fine. A few days ago I started it up and after 10 minutes at idle it starts to rev up on its own. I pushed the electric choke and it killed the engine. Things I have done so far are hooked up 5 gallon tank with new hose right to the engine. Compression check. Checked for spark. Checked fuel pump, oil side is disconnected. Checked fuel filter. Note after it dies it is very hard to start and I have sludge leaking from prop exhaust.

Up under the cover on top of the motor. You may want to take this to a good BRP dealer. Or go to shop.evinrude.com, look up your motor and you should find it.

Last edited:
My ocean pro started right up last week just fine. A few days ago I started it up and after 10 minutes at idle it starts to rev up on its own. I pushed the electric choke and it killed the engine. Things I have done so far are hooked up 5 gallon tank with new hose right to the engine. Compression check. Checked for spark. Checked fuel pump, oil side is disconnected. Checked fuel filter. Note after it dies it is very hard to start and I have sludge leaking from prop exhaust.

I have the same problem with mine. Did you figure out what it was?

Back