Logo

No current to auto-enricher/choke?

merc200dalarna

Contributing Member
I had troubles starting my df15 from 2007, but it runs great when warm, so I wanted to check autochoke.
Did like in some youtubevideos, added 12volt current from a battery, and the choke opened about 4 millimeters in ~5 minutes. It works.
Cleaned it and used some wd-40 and mounted it back.

Started it back up, and tried tried to measure for current in the 2 yellow wires that comes from the rectifier, BUT NOTHING. No volts.
Stopped it and checked resistance, no resistance in any of the wires.

Do I have troubles with the "magneto" then?

What should I test more?

There are 3 pairs of wires coming out of the rectifier (6 wires) should they all produce ~12volts???
If Another pair gives 12 volts, can I jump them Cables to the autochoke for test? (I have no lights or other periphenilia Electrics in my boat/motor.

Plz, help.
Would love videolinks that might be helpful
//Sweden

If you do not know what your doing dont do it. It can cost you alot of money real quick. You need a wiring diagram to test voltage from the primer switch to the primer. It sounds like you have a regulator/rectifier if you hook those up wrong you may cook the stator and ignition. Do you have 12 volts going to the primer switch?
No, there was no voltage Reading on the 2 yellow wires coming from rectifier to autochoke when Engine was running.

The rectfier has 3 sets of double wires coming out of it, 2 of which goes to "primer" or as I call "autochoke".

This motor has tiller, but is allready wired also for remote-control, that means that I have some "blinded" wires.

I won't do anything to the electrical unless I'm absolutely sure of it.
That is why I turn to forums.
Found that image of some of the wiring.. Second image shows wiring to "PTC"-heater which is the autochoke I guess, uses resistance heat to loosen spring that Closes choke.
Can you tell what other wires comes out of rectifier? Named Y-Y, R-R, W-W???

Attachments

• rectifier.jpg
    rectifier.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 45
  • wiring-magneto-ptc-heater.jpg
    wiring-magneto-ptc-heater.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Back